
Back in November our church had their annual weekend retreat. It was at a small retreat center out near the mountains about an from Christchurch. We only went up for the day. We took about a three hour tramp (a.k.a. hike).
I had signed up to do a 10k road run the next day, but I thought I would be a stud and climb 1500 feet the day before. I was a bit of a wreck on the run, but I finished and was alive still. No pics of that sorry, too tired.

Innes and Charisa at the top of the little mountain we climbed.

Innes' father, Rex setting up a panorama to stitch together later.

We climbed to 1048 meters (3400 feet) from we guessed about 2000 feet. No idea actually.

A couple weekends later I took off on a ride. I headed north along the coast and stopped in Blenheim overnight. I stayed with a family I met in Christchurch several months earlier at a motorcycle track day. They are Richard and Mandy and their kids Cole and Chanelle. They just became NZ citizens. They moved here from Zimbabwe 5 years ago. They have some interesting stories about that country and Africa in general.

The following morning we joined up with a couple hundred other riders for a poker run. I didn't stay with them for the whole run. I split from the group and headed northwest to Nelson.

Then I headed back south into the mountains and stayed the night at the little teeny town of Murchison. The pic above is the view from my hotel room. Of course there is a sheep, but also the local hound dog sniffing my bike.

On the road from Murchison to Springs Junction. I want to take Charisa there. To see why look closely at the sign.

Another lovely scene in New Zealand.

A smelly man and his motorcycle.

Unfortunately, I end up putting these photos on the blog so long after I take them I can't remember the names of things. I think a little notebook might be in order. These falls were just a few miles up the road from Murchison. I stopped and sat there and enjoyed them for a good while.
No comments:
Post a Comment